A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

The horrible job hunt...

Ugh, I hate coming home from a school year knowing that I have very little time to find a summer job in St. Louis. I will be juggling the Muny at night, as well as rehearsals for a show, but it seems that no matter how much I apply, I can never find that good, steady daytime job. I really wish I could find something that was 40 hours a week so that I could quit the Muny and have a night or two and weekends free. A lot of people say that it's hard once you have a degree, but its really hard when you don't have one, but you need a serious job, not some dumb 18 hour a week wimpy job.

Anyway, if you hear of anything that is open and does not need a degree or a super amount of experience... let me know, I need me some money!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is a little late, but have you ever tried a temp agency? If not, I highly recommend it. A reputable temp agency should be able to help you find a job that will suit your parameters. And just because it's "temp" doesn't mean a different job every day. Some jobs might be only for a day or two, or a week, but temp agencies will often have longer term assignemnts, too. I've used temp agencies twice in my life, with good results both times. You may start with a shorter term job at first depending on what they have available, but it generally doesn't take long for them to come up with a good fit that will have a longer term. My first experience resulted in an assignment that lasted a couple months, 40 hrs/week. And my more recent experience was the assignment at Equity Office in Denver, which started as 5 months 40 hrs/week, then they kept extending and eventually hired me on as a permanent position. But that's because that was what I was looking for. Just be completely honest with the temp agency about what you want and you should be fine. Even if you're set for this summer, keep it in mind for next summer! :)

3:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home