A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Madrigals!...(the booze choir of siue?)

So, I made it in to my school's madrigal singers this year (for anyone who doesn't know, it is a renaissance themed choir) and going through the music, all of us noticed a similarity between most of the songs... most of them were about booze or the intake of it. I think it is funny how a bunch of college students are singing about beer! Really, it is a great choir, and we do sing some more serious peices, but our main theme really surprised me.

Oh and for anyone who is interested, I found out that the concert choir's first concert has an all around the world theme, and we are singing pieces in english, german, spanish, latin, french, italian, and even russian, so when I know dates, I will let you know! Also, at christmastime, we will be performing Handel's Messiah with the school orchestra, so that will be really awesome. Thirdly, in November, there will be a madrigal dinner, which is an entire night of renaissance themed music and entertainment. Think of it as an interactive dinner theatre! If anyone wants to go, let me know so that I can get you ticket info!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home