A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

one of those days

Have you ever had one of those days? You wake up bright and early only to find out that it isn't early enough, and you will have to put the shower off until after the 8am music theory class ( not to mention that because of this fact you have no choice but to wear a hat ~I don't do hats). When you get to theory, you are faced with a quiz that you aren't quite prepared for, and are one of the last ones finished ( the fact that it is early does factor into this too). Since you have no more classes until your 2pm voice lesson, you go home to do a buttload of homework. When you are done (hours later) you leave the house to find it pouring, and even though you are wearing your tennis shoes, your shoes, socks, feet, and even the bottom of your pants manage to get soaked. When you get to your lesson, you find out that your teacher does not need the work that you busted your ass on until after thanksgiving break. Eventually, you find yourself at work, somehow stuck with every single crappy piece of dirty work that needs to be done.

The thing however, that makes this day so bad, is the horrible decision I had to make all by myself. Because of my busy class and work schedule, I had to drop out of the auditions for the spring musical. For the first time in 4 years, I will not be in a show during the school year. Now, you may be thinking " good, your schedule won't be so full that you go insane" or "big deal, no show". The only thing I have to say to that is that I think theatre was what kept me sane in highschool (ok, maybe not sane, but you catch my drift), and this is a big deal for me. This was one of the hardest things I have had to do since I moved away from home, and anybody who knows me at all knows why. I can't go from the Crucible, Anything Goes, and 42nd Street all in 5 months, to nothing for a full year! That is like quitting smoking cold turkey. Performing on stage is my addiction, and I cannot wait for my next chance to fulfill my craving (probably in either SAT or some other summer production ~yikes, sooo far away).

I can't wait until friday - 9 days of break! From school AND work! Just what I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home