A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Movie Mania

As many of you probably don't know, my work schedule looks like this


Mon 6:30-11:30
Tues 6:30-11:30
Wed 6:30-11:30

and every OTHER weekend sat&sun 3:30-10:30

so I am on my own for thursday and friday nights. What do I do? Well, to keep myself out of trouble I try to stay away from most of the crazy parties on and around campus. Because my other options are bowling, shopping, and movies, I find movies to be cheaper than shopping, and more entertaining than bowling. (I am a really sucky bowler).
There is this really nice 12 screen theatre by my house that is the equivalent to St. Louis's Ronnie's 20 (minus the giant arcade). So on thursday or friday, depends on my mood, I am at the theatre seeing one of the newest flicks. Since I have seen a few of the newer ones, I figured that I could give you guys the info on what I found good, and not so good.

Wedding Crashers- pretty funny, but could have been better

Red Eye- great! it did it's job, I was on the edge of my seat.

40 year old virgin- hilarious, really good!

Just Like Heaven - awwwwwwww

Corpse Bride- eh, not as good as I thought. Kinda boring

The Greatest Game Ever Played- Amazing, absolutely loved it!

As for my next movie? I don't know yet. This thursday and friday, the concert choir will be in kansas city at the renaissance festival, so anything that comesout in the next week is in the running.

What do you guys think I should see?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you like Corpse Bride?

1:21 PM

 
Blogger alli said...

Well nikki, halfway through the movie, I found myself wondering how long until it was over. Don't get me wrong, it had some good parts- like the big musical number in the dead people's bar, but it wasn't as much fun as say... Nightmare Before Christmas. I wouldn't say that I didn't like it, just that it wasn't the best I've seen lately

1:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home