A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Monday, October 03, 2005

beautiful

With all of the war, and destruction, along with the terrible hurricanes and whatnot, I decided to post this poem by Shakespeare. My concert choir is singing a rendition of this, and I just think that the words fit perfectly with everything that has happened lately, and even in the past few years or so (even as far back as 9/11). It is really a great peice of poetry.

Sonnet 64

When I have seen by time's fell hand defac'd
The rich proud cost of outworn buried age
When sometimes lofty tow'rs I see downrais'd
And brass eternal slave to mortal rage
When I have seen the hungry ocean gain
Advantage on the kingdom of the shore
And the firm soil win of the wat'ry main
Increasing store with loss and loss with store
When I have seen such interchange of state
Or state itself confounded to decay
Ruin hath taught me thus to ruminate
That time might come and take my love away
This thought is as a death which cannot choose
But weep, to have that which it fears to lose

Isn't that wonderful?
Just beautiful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home