A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Friday, January 16, 2009

It's been a while...

Life flies when you're having fun, huh?

I realized today that I haven't blogged in a while, and I decided that I at least owe everyone an update...so here goes!

I recently decided while teaching elementary music that while I love kids, I don't love teaching. I thought long and hard about it, and I decided I want nothing more than to be a performer. I long to grace the stages of the world singing the works of Puccini, Verdi, Massenet, Strauss and others. Therefore, I have dropped my education major and am concentrating on performance...If anyone knows of any nice boxes I can live in, let me know!

I scored the role of Dido in SIUE Opera Theater's spring production of Dido and Aeneas. The dates are March 27&28. More info to come later.

I also won SIUE's concerto/aria competition singing O mio babbino caro. I will be performing with the school orchestra some time in March, not sure when.

On December 9, during a Saint Louis Symphony Chorus rehearsal, my car was stolen from outside Powell Hall. It was found two days later, minus passenger window and ignition, but all is well now. Yesterday I went to court to press charges against the kid (15 years old!) who stole my car, and he ended up being put away for a year!

On December 19th, I was supposed to fly to New York to see my idol Renee Fleming in one of her signature roles at the Metropolitan Opera. The night before, the airline called and informed my parents that the flight was cancelled due to a winter storm in the northeast. My trip was cancelled and I resorted to watching the opera broadcast in a local movie theater. However, Ms. Fleming is performing at the Met again over my spring break, and I will be seeing her on March 9!

I think that abput covers all of the main events of late! I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home