A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Oh finals, how I hate thee!

Well, it's that time of the semester again! Finals!
I won't bore you with all of the stupid details of the whole past and next week, but I'll spell it out in numbers:

15 pages typed for term papers
6 songs prepared for juries
1 choir concert
1 opera workshop performance with...
3 scenes (from The Merry Widow, Die Fledermaus, and Manon)
2 instrumental playing tests
1 theory singing test
4 written finals

and it seems about 8 billion rehearsals and like a million hours in a practice room.


Don't you old folks miss college?

Oh well, I guess the bright side is that there is exactly one week until I have a month off for winter break! Wooohoo, if I survive, we'll all have to get together and celebrate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

Shouldn't the last line of your list be "and a partridge in a pear tree"? :-P

At the risk of acknowledging myself as "old," I think I can fairly honestly say I don't miss college, but at the same time, I do miss college. Then again, school always came pretty easily to me. And I was rarely bored!

Good luck - just keep winter break as your light at the end of the tunnel!

10:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home