A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

a very musical semester

After the first week of school, I have come to realize that it is going to be a very musically challenging semester. I am so far preparing:

2 concerts for concert choir with about 7 peices in each concert
3 concerts with the St. Louis symphony Chorus (Rossini's Stabat Mater, Haydn's The Creation, and Orff's Carmina Burana )
1 audition for Union Avenue Opera Theater
1 NATS vocal competition
10 personal repertoire additions for lessons and a recital (including some of Schumann's Frauensliebe und Leben set, I am excited)
1 Opera workshop performance, a 45 minute one-act by Mozart called Bastien and Bastienna (guess which one I am)

also, I am attempting to learn the oboe and bassoon in my woodwinds class, although I am not so sure how that is going to turn out... damn double reeds...

If anyone ever wants to catch a concert or something, let me know, and I will let you know when the next one is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home