A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

nice surprises

Don't you love it when something kind of cool happens, and you just are in this really good mood for awhile? This has happened to me a few times in the past two months, and it happened twice today, and once last night.

It all started when I met Norbert Leo Butz last month by surprise after a production of 42nd street. I was having the worst day ever, and I heard at intermission that he was out in the audience. I just about died. I got to talk to him, get his autograph, and pose for a picture with him. It turned out to be a great night.
Later that month, I started out by going to a surprise party at a pizza joint. I figured that I would go, talk a while, eat a little, and go home. Instead, I was invited to a poker party at Stacey's apartment, and I went. We laughed, played video games, went swimming, and then played poker. Completely unexpected for me, yet really fun. Nice little surprise.
Earlier this week, I found out that a show that I really want to see more than anything, The Last Five Years by Jason Robert Brown ( which the above mentioned Norbert Leo Butz originated one of the leads) is playing in town, and a group of friends is going to see it, and I am going with them. Yay! Things like that make me so happy.
Last night, I was working at the Muny, with my dad, and afterwards, I was waiting for him because he was driving a van for all of the cast members who are out of towners to their hotel. The people playing Maria, Tony, and Anita in West Side Story , were sitting back stage waiting after the show, and I was looking for my father, so I ended up back there too. I sat down and got to talk to Natasha Diaz, who was Anita, for awhile. When the van got back, I got to ride in the back, and talk to some other cast members. It was soooo cool!
Today, I went apartment searching in Edwardsville, and ended up finding a woman who will rent out a bedroom in her house for a heck of a lot cheaper than any other apartment I can find, and this charge already covers everything including cable, gas, water, electric, heat/ air, everything! Yessss!
Later today, my uncle told me that he might buy me a car! It doesn't get much better than that!

Lets see if I can stay on a roll!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a lucky little lady! Are you gonna live in the woman's house for sure? Hopefully, I'll see ya tomorrow.

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home