A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Monday, August 01, 2005

movies yes, or movies no?


I have been contemplating going to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" lately, but I am the kind of person who goes to see a movie in theatres only if it is worth it. If I will get the same satisfaction out of the movie by waiting until it comes out on video, and watching it on my somewhat big screen with my good speakers, then I will wait.

And so I am asking anyone who has seen it... knowing the above information about me, should I go to the movies?

Also, if anyone has any other good movies that they have seen lately, let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~stacey~ said...

Dustin and I went to see this a couple weeks ago: I liked it, he didn't. I am a huge fan of Johnny Depp--he is, after all, my boyfriend ;)-- so I pretty much like anything he does. (From what I've seen, anyway.) I think he's a highly under-rated actor who doesn't get anywhere NEAR the credit he deserves. But I ramble...It's a good movie, but dark. Supposedly this follows the actual book off of which it was based more closely than "Willy Wonka..." does, but I've never been able to find the actual book, so I couldn't confirm nor deny that aspect. Willy Wonka is VERY WEIRD in this movie, and very dark. (More so than the original w/ Gene Wilder.) All in all, I wouldn't go spend $8.50 or whatever at the movies to see it again; HOWEVER, I will probably buy it when it comes out on DVD to add to my growing collection of Depp movies. (I will own them all, oh yes, I will...)

10:38 AM

 
Blogger alli said...

Yeah, the other night, I finally broke down and saw it with Nikki, and I actually thought it was great! My favorite part had to be the oompa loompas, they stole the show!

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home